The stately big mountain wine tavern, Osterfingen’s landmark, bears witness to a longstanding winegrowing culture. It dates back to the year 1584. Over the centuries it has been extended to its present day size. Till the invention of the wheel yoke press the grapes were pressed by heavy tree presses. Whilst in other places buildings such as this one disappeared, the Osterfingen tavern has survived. When the wine tavern enforcement was suspended it changed from state to public ownership.
In 1986 the town of Schaffhausen presented Osterfingen’s citizens with a wine press that was originally from Siblingen, which to everyone’s joy is now displayed in the wine tavern. It was taken into operation again in honour of the 50th ‘Trottenfest’ Jubilee in 2009.
Up to 250 people