1423 purchase of the house "Zun schwarzen Rüden", in doing so the house’s name was transferred to the Krämer guild.
The masters of the guild, at the time, Hans Wahlwieser and Mathys Ran, purchased the house zum “schwarzen Rüden“ from the St. Katharinental nuns.
In the 18th century the Krämer and Kaufleute guilds got involved in a contest, of who possessed the larger and more magnificent guild house. Johann Ludwig Peyer, the master of the guild at the time, put all his efforts into making the Krämer guild house into a palace. The best local artists were summoned and a whole guild of masters from Ticino (Italian-speaking region of Switzerland) and the bordering Lombardy were sent for to come from over the Gotthard, to design and make beautiful stucco work. Various architects as well as the stucco plasterer, Carlos Ghezzi, drafted the plans for the palace. The building of the house lasted 4 years, from 1779 – 1783.
From the beginning in 1783 the guildhall was used for many years for classical music. It was the centre point of festive concerts of the music school Schaffhausen, where once Clara Schuhmann, Johannes Brahms and Joseph Joachim gave their best.